This is a great activity to do with your kids (of any age) on New Year’s Day. You can talk to your children about the significance of making resolutions each New Year and talk to them about other ways to help them keep their resolutions. You can make a magnet with your resolution to demonstrate that you have made the decision to commit to a change this year as well!
What you’ll need:
- White construction paper
- Background color of your choice construction paper
- Magnet strip
- Laminating paper
- Optional supplies: Glitter, stickers
How to make it:
- Cut a sheet of white construction paper into between 8 and 12 even pieces depending on what size you want your magnet to be.
- Across the top write “I RESOLVE”
- Choose your resolution and use the fine tip black marker to write it below the title (i.e. “to keep my room clean”)
- Use crayons to draw a colorful picture depicting your resolution below the words.
- Decorate with remaining supplies.
- Trim the white construction paper so that all sides of your artwork are even.
- Glue your artwork to a piece of construction paper in your choice of colors. Trim the paper to create a nice border frame for your art.
- Laminate your art (multiple will fit on one sheet to conserve resources). Trim once cooled.
- Glue a magnet strip (or use self-stick magnet strip) to the back of your resolution art and hang on the refrigerator.